Pages

Subscribe:

Traveler Receives Personal Message from TSA

NY Daily News: What a creepster!

A New York woman claims that a skeevy TSA agent left a TSA slip in her luggage with a note reading: "Get your freak on Girl" after he found a "personal item" in her suitcase.

Jill Filipovic, the editor of the website Feministe, told the Daily News in an email that she flew from Newark International to Dublin to take part in a debate on abortion rights and found the note while she was unpacking in Ireland.

Filipovic said she just took it in stride.

"I'm traveling alone, so I didn't say anything when I found the note, but I did re-read it a bunch of times just to make sure I wasn't imagining things, and then I started laughing," she wrote.

She then threw it up on Twitter and her website (under the subject line: Your tax dollars at work) to share with all of her friends and loyal followers - who also found the incident to be nothing but hilarious.


"HAHAHAHHAHAHA," wrote one. "Pause to wipe tears from face."

Other readers offered to send her a replacement vibrator, while a conservative blogger accused her of planting the note herself, she said.

"I wish I was that creative!" she wrote.

Despite the humor, Filipovic said she found the incident to be incredibly invasive - and incredibly creepy.

"To the agent who wrote the note, I'd like to say that he has actually impeded me from getting my freak on, since I now have to dispose of the offending item, as I'm not sure what he did with it while it was in his possession," she wrote.

She also called the incident "wildly inappropriate". She said she suspected the note-writer thought she's be too embarrassed to go public.

"That probably would be true for most folks, and understandably so. Unfortunately, he picked the bag of a feminist blogger who writes about sexuality and sexual health regularly, and is awfully hard to embarrass (at least in that regard)."

She said she would most likely contact the TSA when she returned stateside. The TSA told the News it was investigating.

"TSA takes all allegations of inappropriate conduct seriously and is investigating this claim," a spokeswoman said in a statement.

0 comments:

Post a Comment